As we're busy getting ready for the release of our next record, it's worth taking a moment to reflect on spam e-mail. We've been foolish enough to have a hotlink of our main e-mail address here on the site, so all the crawling spambots pick it up and send it back to Tyson's Corners, or wherever the hell unwanted e-mail comes from. While this requires our e-mail program to sort like mad every time we decide to check our mail, you have to appreciate how odd some of this stuff is.
One would imagine that some people decide that their best option for hormone replacement or refinancing their most valuable asset would come from someone who deliberately misspells 'penis' in their message header. The evidence is apparent in the fact that these e-mails continue to arrive by the hundreds every day. And while this is a nusiance, here are some amazing subject lines from the past few months.
- Turbo Sperm for you and you girl!
- You need to call Dwain ASAP (from Dwain, obviously)
- Orgasmotron (note: This did not come from Motorhead - we checked.)
- re:Why don't you buy some medications to be healthy
- WonderCum - is a sperm enhancement pills
- You Can Have A Big Dlck (from something called Mega Dik)
- Jenifer Lopez wear one of OUR Rolex! Amely S., San Francisco
It's like they're trying to sell stuff by driving you insane. The overwhelming wash of it is really something.
The record is due out on August 21. We set up a MySpace page, mainly because some of you punk rock promoter kids have decided to make it impossible to contact you any other way. Justin's all mad about it, but Thad's more sanguine; it's just what people do these days.
Oh, and there'll be a record release show of sorts on August 23rd at Brooklyn's Rock Star Bar. Check back soon for more pre-release stuff. We're cooking up a few fun things.